11/28/06

Outta Here!

Yep! I'm being discharged today at about 3:30pm. If anyone is still planning to visit me at the hospital, I won't be there. And if you've been calling me at the hospital, I will be reachable on my cell phone once again.

I still have four radiation treatments scheduled here at the UW Medical Center, but my primary care provider, Group Health, may want to change that, since they can do it at their facilities too. We will be meeting with a doctor at Group Health this afternoon to decide that. The radiation seems to be helping and there is a noticeable reduction in the size of the lumps on my head.

I am excited to get out of here and get back home. Even with a "pudding" button, hospitals get old after a while. I'm hoping to be able to recover some of my strength that I've lost by sitting here, and I would even like to try and go back to work at some point. It's more of a long-term goal, but something to work towards. It all depends on my strength and endurance.

Thanks to everyone who came and visited me at the hospital! It made the stay much more bearable. And thanks to everyone who has been following and posting to this blog. Your words of encouragement have made this difficult time much easier. It really is a big boost to know how many people out there care for you! Thank you so much!!

I will continue to try and keep this blog up to date, but it might be difficult with no Internet access at home. Luckily there are plenty of coffee shops near by that have access. Keep checking back for the latest news. And thank you all, again, for the support you've given us!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I just hope your flowers get there before you go. Let me know your knew address. ~ Kelly

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ry, I am so happy for you. Miss you! I think you can get economy size pudding packs at cosco! LOL! Take good care. Love Kristin P S. Hi Kendra Aloha sister, stay strong! xo xo

Anonymous said...

PPS. My bad, we, from the north east pronounce Costco "cosco" sorry ;)

zimm said...

right on Ryan!! Glad to hear about the homecoming. Love from Nethere.

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I still have your old cell numbers and e-mail addresses. Here's my new e-mail kelly_kg@sbcglobal.net. Keep in touch and have fun this week!

Love,

~Kelly and Evan

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

I am so happy to hear that! That is really the best news that I have heard in a long time. I can't wait to see you and so wish that I could be amongst the many San Diegans who are making the trip to vist but alas my ever growing belly requires much to much attention. Did you know that I am pregnant and am due to have a baby girl in March? I can't wait for the two of you to meet! Call me whenever you need to talk 619-347-4627 or email sailerm16@yahoo.com. Hope to talk to you soon.

lots of love,

Monica

ps Rob says hello as well and is really looking forward to seeing you as well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan, SOOOO glad to hear your getting out. We will continue the prayers for a FULL recovery. love, Dawn Bush

Mario said...

Yeah, today isn't a half-day or anything, you'll need to bail the hospital ASAP, mmkaayy? And be sure to sign on the TPS reports or the hospital will come get you for some more exciting fun-time jolliness. Mario here, just reminding you that if someone sets you up the bomb, you should probably move every zig. For great Justice!

Love you Ry, glad you're gettin the hell outta dodge finally! I'll call you and heckle you soon....for make great benefeit glorious Leather Jacket with spikes.


Love Mario and Care

kcmasterpiece said...

I'm so happy you're going home, Ryan. I know there are some OB folks coming to see you soon - just know that all of our healing energy comes up there with them. OB-hearts-Ryan. =)

Darcy said...

Love you so much! Glad to hear you are getting discharged from the hospital.
I'm gonna be planning a trip to the mainland for early 2007, and I hope I'll get to see you!

MISS YOU SO MUCH!

Darcy said...

p.s.
This is Darcy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are home! You have a great attitude, keep laughing because it is worth more than you know!

-Astcell

Baldtel said...

Nice one Ryan.

I've been reading all the way over here in England. Just when I thought my life was shit, its nothing compared to what you're going through. I even prayed for you a few times.

I hope to see you again.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Although I didn't get to a chance to know you well at work you were very helpful and I wanted to say I appreciated all of your help. Wishing you well in your recovery and congrats on getting out!

Unknown said...

Congratz!!! Take care of yourself and i hope you have tons of fun chilling at your house!
-Trent

Tamara said...

Ryan: Tamara here. Mario's ex-girlfriend from like 7 years ago. Go figure!

He just told me about your struggles with cancer. There is never a "right" thing to say at these times except that it's important to recognize all the love you have in your life, and friends, and even aquaintances. It means your life has had meaning, and that in and of itself is beautiful.

Wishing you and those close to you comfort and strength

HESH PRINCE said...

this amazing
Cell Phone Radiation and the Increase in Brain Cancer
people appear to have an almost pathological emotional attachment to their cell phones and

there is a fascinating suggestion that cell radiation pulses might actually be addictive to

the human brain
for more information visit this site



href="http://www.radiationreport.com/solutions/CellularPhonesandHealthPart1.pdf">Cellphonera

diation